Subject: [MTD] Fix MTD suspend/resume
From: Russell King <[email-masked]>
To: Linus Torvalds <[email-masked]>, Andrew Morton <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 20:18:45 +0100

Linus, Andrew,

This patch carries forward the following bug fix from MTD CVS, which
causes a lot of noise after a suspend/resume cycle on ARM devices.

Please apply.

revision 1.127
date: 2003/07/02 20:29:38;  author: acurtis;  state: Exp;  lines: +2 -1
Added FL_STATUS to the FL_READY case in put_chip(). (Eliminate noise)

diff -urpN orig/drivers/mtd/chips/cfi_cmdset_0001.c linux/drivers/mtd/chips/cfi_cmdset_0001.c
--- orig/drivers/mtd/chips/cfi_cmdset_0001.c	Tue Apr 13 19:40:32 2004
+++ linux/drivers/mtd/chips/cfi_cmdset_0001.c	Tue Apr 13 14:09:08 2004
@@ -431,6 +431,7 @@ static void put_chip(struct map_info *ma
 		break;
 
 	case FL_READY:
+	case FL_STATUS:
 		/* We should really make set_vpp() count, rather than doing this */
 		DISABLE_VPP(map);
 		break;

-- 
Russell King
 Linux kernel    2.6 ARM Linux   - http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/
 maintainer of:  2.6 PCMCIA      - http://pcmcia.arm.linux.org.uk/
                 2.6 Serial core